Dickinson Law handles civil litigation disputes for corporations, small businesses, and individuals in federal and state courts. Before a suit is ever filed, we take the time to learn and understand the client’s business, individual circumstances, and goals. We then work with the client to minimize risk through document retention policies, legal hold policies, and by providing presentations to key executives regarding risk avoidance measures related to written communications. It is our attention to detail and big firm experience that sets us apart from other small law firms.
Once faced with a dispute, we work closely with both individual and business clients to collect and preserve relevant evidence, provide early case assessment to address the risks and costs of litigation and possible outcomes, and design creative litigation strategies.
Michelle Dickinson’s background encompasses civil litigation matters in the areas of:
- Contract disputes
- Business torts
- Restrictive covenants
- Accounting malpractice
- Tax appeals
- Shareholder disputes
- Employment disputes
- Estate disputes
- Product liability
- Construction defect
- Securities fraud
- Catastrophic medical malpractice
Significant matters handled by Michelle include:
- Obtained reversal on appeal of trial court’s erroneous exclusion of damages expert and entry of summary judgment in accounting malpractice case. Parkway Neuroscience & Spine Inst., LLC v. Katz, Abosch, Windesheim, Gershman & Freedman, P.A., et al, 2022 WL 4588207 (Md. App. Sept. 30, 2022);
- Successfully settled multi-million dollar breach of contract claim asserted on behalf of former LLC member against two LLCs in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland;
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of automobile dealership in a multi-million dollar CERCLA action in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland;
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of corporate clients in a $41 million breach of employment agreement action in the Southern District of New York;
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national oil and gas company in defense of an $11 million fraud and breach of contract action by a service station franchise owner in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland;
- Obtained summary judgment for a major home improvement store chain in the defense of a $54 million breach of contract and defamation case in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland;
- Represented a Turkish natural gas corporation in an ICC arbitration in the United Kingdom regarding claims of breach of a joint venture agreement against an Enron subsidiary;
- Represented a major Maryland hospital in a dispute with a physician involving issues of breach of restrictive covenants and wrongful termination;
- Obtained a defense verdict after a five-day jury trial on defamation claims against a national insurance company and a punitive damage award in favor of the insurance company on its counterclaims against a former agent in Maryland state court;
- Obtained summary judgment, affirmed by the Maryland Court of Special Appeals, for a major health insurance provider in a case brought by dentists alleging, inter alia, claims for violation of privacy and tortuous interference with business;
- Represented a telecom company in the acquisitions and condemnation of easements from private property owners for installation of underground telecommunications lines across Maryland;
- Obtained removal and replacement the guardian of a prominent Baltimore resident during a multi-day trial in Maryland state court.
We pride ourselves on the personal, one-on-one approach we take in each client’s case. To schedule a consultation with an experienced litigation lawyer, contact us at (443) 325-7225.